Thread: Gaby's Thread
View Single Post
Old 05-18-2018, 08:31 AM  
Razor
Adult Hamster

Smile Re: Gaby's Thread

Thank you dreamtree1234 and BorisPasha!

Yesterday when I got back home quite late, Gaby was already awake and running at the speed of light on her wheel. She usually pauses when I open the door to my apartment and waits to hear my voice. If she hears me calling out to her, she usually runs into her sand bath, has a nice bath, jumps out the side her sand bath and starts jumping along the glass wall, asking to be picked up and cuddled with. It's like she's saying Finally hooman! You're back! I missed you so much! Come and cuddle with me now! Yesterday however, when she did this and I went to pick her up, she squeaked. That was the first time I ever heard Gaby squeaking! I guess it was a squeak of excitement since she did not seem agitated or defensive in any way. She waited to cuddle, took her quota of mealworms and started playing the usual game of running all over me. She didn't give me the annoyed nip she gives when she throws a hamtrum. So I guess it should be excitement.
Now speaking of her mealworm quota, I usually feed her two dried mealworms everyday along with her fresh vegetables. Now the key detail is Two mealworms. Why you might ask? You see there was a time when I was trying to train her to lie on her back (one of my previous posts), and the main treat I used was sunflower seeds and mealworms. What I used to do was give her a mealworm, lay her on her back, give the second one and 2-3 sunflower seeds. If stayed that way, she would probably even get a third mealworm. But she soon realized that she would get the third one only if she lay on her back, something she doesn't like doing. So what was Gaby's solution you might ask? Well, she only takes two mealworms now. Never a third. In fact, she won't take a sunflower seed either right after the mealworm. It is really cute how she just turns her head away after the second mealworm, ignoring all treats for at least 5 minutes. <3

Anyhoo, here's the first video of Gaby demonstrating how to burrow like a pro.
I'm a hamster super spy and this is how I get to places undetected. Muahaha

And here's her when She realized I was filming her.
Stop staring at me hooman! Pick me up! I want cuddles! <3
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote