Thread: New Chinese Mum
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2018, 10:03 PM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: New Chinese Mum

He sounds adorable It can take time to get things just right for them in the cage so don't worry too much.
Have you completely filled the base of the cage with substrate? They all have different personalities, likes & dislikes but the one thing all my Chinese have had in common is a real love of burrowing & digging so they need lots of substrate, being able to dig down makes them feel safer too I think.
They love cork tunnels or tubes (these need to be frozen for about a week if you ever get any!) they enjoy climbing on them & they make great little hideouts too, I found a cork tunnel in the middle of the cage worked really well for my youngest who was a bit timid to begin with.

I don't know if this will work as I don't have a phone but someone said they selected the photo to email to themselves chose small size for the email then you have a smaller copy of your photo to upload, might be worth a try!
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote