View Single Post
Old 04-23-2018, 06:33 AM  
hellobg
Hamster Pup

Default Skyline Kerry Terrarium review

Hello everyone, I am here to review the Skyline Kerry Terrarium.

I've bought this Kerry Terrarium in Zooplus and they are also available in Amazon (Europe/UK). It came with a box protected with styrofoam as well as a green strong tape like handle.

The Kerry Terrarium is 75L x 45W x 37H cm, it came with three wooden accessories that you have to build, a wooden corner home and a wooden house with ramped slopes and as well as wooden seesaw and a background that you can tape.

The Kerry Terrarium is a good "starter" Terrarium for those who wants a Dwarf Hamster that loves digging or just the view of glass, as well as having ventilation strip just for an extra. You can still house a Syrian in here though toys/accessories may make the terrarium small as Syrians require larger toys, this however would make for a good starter terrarium for Dwarf Hamsters such as Roborovski, Winter White/Campbells, Hybrids and Chinese Hamster.
It also has a large top door that can be removed by sliding it.

If you would like to buy this cage, here is the link.
Hamster Cages: great selection at zooplus.ie: Small Pet Terrarium Kerry

Positive points:
- Decent space for Dwarf Hamsters/Chinese Hamsters.
- Good starter Terrarium for Dwarves and Chinese.
- Being glass allows you to view and give your hamster deeper substrate.
- Provides three wooden accessories.
- Ventilation Strip might provide more ventilation.

Negative points:
- Water Bottles may pose problems in the cage as there aren't any vertical bars for it to fit, which would require special water bottle holders.
- As for all Terrariums, it is heavy.
- It is rather small for a Syrian but still possible for them to live in.
- Some top door lid may have a large gap under the door.

Overall as I would say, this is a good starter terrariums for Dwarves.

Short story:
My Kerry Terrarium came shattered by the left side of the terrarium, I called Zooplus and they sent a replacement, I did have a luck of getting 6 wooden accessories! 3 from the shattered and 3 from the replacement.

Here is my Kerry Terrarium set-up for Teodor.
https://imgur.com/a/gEatNAi

Last edited by souffle; 01-10-2019 at 10:38 AM.
hellobg is offline   Reply With Quote