View Single Post
Old 04-21-2018, 11:13 PM  
Mawuu
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Any tips on WW Taming?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
What treats have you tried?
Small bits of veg are good, broccoli is a favourite usually, other good taming treats are seeds, sunflower, pumpkin, hemp, flax & millet sprays, and mealworms.
Keep some treats in a small pot by the cage or something so you have them handy if she comes out when you're not prepared.
If she lets you hold her then you're doing well already, they are fast & young hams don't often want to spend that much time being held or cuddled they want to be running around doing things!
You might find it easier to use a playpen so you can sit with her & let her run around you, climb over you & get more used to being handled, just go slow with handling, let her get used to being on your hands for short periods & then handling will get easier.
Biting your finger when she's sniffing through the cage is just normal exploratory behaviour they soon learn hands aren't food but she may be expecting food or treats when you do that.
I've used cabbage,carrots,cauliflower,pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds she doesn't care for them that much but will eat then for normal meals. I'll try the other foods encase though she may just be picky lol.

I'm happy she's ok with playing on my hand though I can't go near her nest usually when shes asleep, I think that's normal though yeah? Would it be okay to try the bathtub method as well? I own a cat who marks the floor a lot.

Thank you so much for your reassurance and for the advice ; w ;!! I'll be sure to grab something for her treats~!
Mawuu is offline   Reply With Quote