Thread: Bin cage panic
View Single Post
Old 04-19-2018, 05:10 AM  
SaltyPickles
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Bin cage panic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serendipity7000 View Post
The larger bin looks fine I can't quite see how they are joined or where the access is. The suggestion I'd seen for joining them was to cut the ends of both bins and weld them together with hot glue - but I guess that wouldn't work with separate sized bins. Assume you have things to add still but a bit less open space might go down well - eg more hidey places like an egg box with a hole cut in or a tissue box and a cardboard tunnel or something.

Is it escape-proof like that? Also the cut edge on the larger bin might be a bit sharp if they did manage to escape but could maybe just be sanded at the edges or something.

The first photo on this link shows two same size ones joined together. How big is the larger bin as it doesn't look too small.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?biw=....0.xWfUS51BqVI
I joined them with duct tape and some glue, and the access is a large hole I cut in the original bin that used to be for the side window. I am still intending to put things inside like more hidey-holes. I made certain it was escape proof, but I only found the larger bin now so that couldn’t have happened anyway. The larger bin was 1ft by 2ft but as I said I only found the bin now, and anyway Ares has more space this way.
have crossed the rainbow bridge.
SaltyPickles is offline   Reply With Quote