Thread: Bin cage panic
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2018, 06:24 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Bin cage panic

Oh yes good point. Ok so I would think you might best making a diy cage of some kind to get something big enough. And meanwhile they would be ok in the smaller cages as long as they had out of cage time regularly. The thinking being that a cage change is stressful for them so best if only done once - and that two connected small bins isn't as ideal as a larger space.

There are a lot of diy cage ideas on youtube - using an old coffee table or buying melamine and mesh from a hardware store eg. Does that sound like a possibility? If that isn't an option I believe there is a way you can join two smaller bins to make one larger one by cutting the long sides off the bins and sticking them together - that would give you a bin approximately 20 inches by 24 inches (50cm by 60cm) which still isn't that big but a lot better. I think you sit the edge of one bin just inside the other, after cutting the long ends off, and hot glue them together and then tape the join on the outside to make it secure.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote