View Single Post
Old 04-16-2018, 11:41 AM  
SimonandSyril
Adult Hamster

Thumbs up Welcome Kylo Ren

I have had my Russian Dwarf Hamster (has the colouring of a winter white but pets at home helpfully didn't specify) Kylo Ren for coming onto 3 weeks now. He is a sapphire coloured dwarf with very long whiskers and an intense love or pumpkin seeds. I got him from the Pets at Home adopt section. According to the poster next to his display cage, he 'doesn't fit in with the others'; this probably means he was in a pair and fought so the previous owner brought him back to the shop. Although, when I asked for an approximate age they said 1 and a half months and he did look very pup like so I do not see how a pair that young fought. But that's beside the point. Currently, He is staying in a temporary cage that is only 38 x 57 cm (the Pets at home wire hamster cage large) whilst I wait for the Alaska hamster cage to arrive from zooplus.
The taming process is going well as we are at the handling stage but it has been hard with the small door of the cage (this will be changed with the new cage's arrival). Yes, Kylo is named after Kylo Ren from Star Wars
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rsz_20180412_151625.jpg (107.3 KB, 62 views)