View Single Post
Old 04-14-2018, 06:12 PM  
Chlobutlerxx

Unhappy Have I traumatised my hamster ?

Hiya. The first day I got my hamster , despite the strict 24 hour rule , he seemed extremely hyperactive . I thought that it would be a good idea to put him in the ball so he could explore without touching him. I got his home out and put it by the entrance to the ball. Instead of going into to the ball he ran behind my drawers. My drawers are not possible to move and I didn’t want him to chew any wires so I knew I had to get him out . I tried using treats or guiding him with the scent of his home but it wasn’t working . In the end I had to use a rod to make him move to the box . I didn’t touch him with it , I simply guided him but I worry that this may have traumatised him. He is very jumpy around me , although he is slowly letting me stroke him more . If I have made him scared does anyone know how I can encourage him to not worry ? Also, if anybody knows how sensitive my hamster could have been to that individual experience can you let me know , I don’t know how impressionable they are . Thank you .
Chlobutlerxx is offline   Reply With Quote