View Single Post
Old 04-08-2018, 09:17 AM  
SKB_Hamsters
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: SKB’s Photography

Thank you BorisPasha, cypher, Thin Lizzy and dreamtree1234.

Wildlife and Flowers From a Local Horticultural Garden

Saturday Afternoon as the weather was nice, I visited a local horticultural garden with my parent as it had free entry this weekend and as I hadn't been for a while - I thought it would be a lovely place to have a walk and take some photos.

It was so lovely to see lots of spring bulb in flowers along with other spring flowers to photograph there were more flowers out that I had expected so here are a few photos -

as well as a bee enjoying the cherry blossom nectar and a tree branch covered with lichen ...

As well as plant there were lots of wildlife to photograph. So many squirrel digging in the grass and flower bed searching for their buried nuts, which did make trying to photograph them very difficult as they were moving to quickly but with some patience I got lucky with a squirrel who sat on a branch just above ground level to eat it nut it had found which was perfect photo opportunity. I haven't seen this many squirrels in one place in a very long time!

I did see lots of other wildlife as well as the huge number of squirrels including both male and female pheasants, mallard ducks, mandarin duck, moorhens, a thrush to name a just a few. Here are a few of my favourite wildlife photos I took ...

Owning Hamsters since Nov 2007
SKB_Hamsters is offline   Reply With Quote