Thread: Goodbye Susan
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2018, 03:39 PM  
Frobisher
Hamster Pup

Default Goodbye Susan

I've not posted on here for a while, but I didn't know where else to turn...

Tonight we said goodbye to my little Susan. I can hardly believe it. I always knew this day would come, but I still wasn't ready.

I remember when we first saw you Susan, climbing quickly towards us, it was like you chose us that day! Then my constant worry that no cage would ever be right for you, I spent a small fortune until we got the right one, and you were happy, I hope.

You escaped twice, on two separate adventures, I was so worried that I'd never see you again, but you came back... all scruffy and hungry! I just wish you cold come back now.

You weren't well over the last couple of months, I could see that. Your once bright red eyes all but vanished, and I could see that you were blind - you still managed to find the treats though!

Yesterday we went to the vets, and I expected the worst, but the vet said that other than old age, you were happy, and that you were not in any pain.

And then today, I checked on you early evening as I always do, and you were sleeping soundly. I checked again a couple of hours later, and you had gone.

Braveheart Susan, I will miss you, and I will never forget you. Know that you were loved.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Susan.jpg (68.0 KB, 18 views)
Frobisher is offline   Reply With Quote