View Single Post
Old 03-30-2018, 08:18 AM  
Caity
Newborn Pup

Post Living World Eco Habitat, M review

I recently bought this cage for a new hamster I knew I'd be adopting and since he's nice and settled now I thought I'd do a review.

Firstly, I'll speak briefly about where I got it from and delivery time and whatnot. I bought mine from Zooplus and bought the medium size (it also comes in small or large). This size provides a good space for your hamster, larger than the minimum size requirements. It's measures in at 98.5 x 58.5 x 61 cm internal measurements and was delivered flat packed in about 2 days (which was AWESOME). This meant I could get Sandy this week rather than next so I was really impressed. It was very simple to put together and took me under 20 minutes total to do.

So now some Pros:

The home is large which allows for lots of space for toys and play time.

Clear side panels allow for all around view of your pet

Ventilation holes in the lid allow for toys to be hung from the top (Sandy loves these)

Deep enough to allow for a bunch of substrate allowing hours of burrowing fun. Also leaves space on top for a nice large 9-12 inch wheel!

Cons:

I have very few issues, Sandy loves it so far. My only issue is the lid but even then I'm really pushing for an issue. I find the lid makes it seem very dark if the tank is kept on the floor (as mine is) and out of directly light. I'll likely end up making a lid with mesh on it (for easier hanging of toys).

Overall, it's perfect for a Syrian, Dwarf or Chinese hamster and I'd recommend it if you're looking for something easier to look into.
Caity is offline   Reply With Quote