View Single Post
Old 03-13-2018, 04:44 AM  
IamKat
Hamster Pup

Question Unknown illness!?

Hey all,

I have a bit of a mystery on my hands, I first took my girl (Syrian) to the vet last week because she presented what what appeared to be an eye infection, plus some itching and a small bald patch under her chin. She was prescribed antibiotic eye drops and we are treating her for mites just in case (although I highly doubt it, she is an incredibly clean hamster, and I haven't seen any other evidence of mites). So after a week of treatment the eyedrops have seemingly done nothing, although her eye doesn't look worse... it certainly is no better and still oozes a bloody discharge, plus it's itching her like crazy, and the bald patch under her chin/chest is larger and super wrinkly. I've tried some tee tree cream to soothe her chin/chest but she licks this right off... I also changed her bedding to Carefresh in case of an allergy to aspen but this seems to have made no difference.

She is due back at the vets today, and I'm thinking a possible problem with her teeth or pouch, however I'm also aware of the small possibility of cushings... has anybody seen symptoms like this before? And does anybody have any advice for when I take her back to the vet? I'm so worried about her....

Sorry for the long post, thanks everyone in advance
Kat
IamKat is offline   Reply With Quote