View Single Post
Old 03-12-2018, 04:01 AM  
Pigsland
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Undecide between these types of beddings only, help welcome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreo13 View Post
Hi Pigsland,

I've had a quick google and Natural Hemp Bedding Siccofloor and Hugro Hemp Bedding pretty much look like the same stuff. I use a hemp bedding called auboise (20kg for 12.99 on Omlette) which is the same again. It won't hold tunnels but is quite good as a main cage substrate. You'll need something softer, like plain tissue/carefresh/fitch/kaytee clean and soft for nesting.

I've found that while carefresh looks nice its dusty and a lot more expensive than others.

The last time i was in pets at home i looked at the wood shavings. There's nothing on the packet that identifies what sort of wood it is so probably best avoided.

hope that helps at least a little.

ta,
Emma
Thanks, saw your post when I hit reply

Exactly, and staff cannot tell you which wood is in there! Not a good combination, the fact that they sell sawdust it says a lot...

auboise was suggested however I could not find it, I will look at that option too, however the Hemp seem good as it can hold a test, however I think I can always create a specific part in his cage where to nest with a higher layer of bedding and use two types... let's see!
Pigsland is offline   Reply With Quote