View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 07:34 AM  
Razor
Adult Hamster

Default Re: Barred cages is not allowed

I seem to have missed your reply to my comment. I haven't used any sort of furniture to place the Detolf on, just a nice thick layer of clothing below. So it basically sits flat on the floor. Regarding the bar chewing, I upgraded from the Mini Duna to Detolf for that very reason! I've never seen my hamster chewing on the grill. She did squeeze through the gaps between the grill once, but that was about it. You can see what that looks like in this video. She has stopped doing that since.

But fyi, the Detolf costs 499:- kr (about 95kr less expensive than the Mini Duna which about a third of the size.) and the Samla, which is exactly half the length is 149:- kr. I had written a little review of this sometime ago. Just my opinion. I do not intent to contradict you choice on the detolf in any way.

In Göteborg, I usually go to Arkens Zoo or Göteborgs Zoologiska for supplies. They do seem to have a variety of cages, especially the latter, or at least the last time I was there. Perhaps if you could find an alternative in whichever city in Sweden you are in?

I completely agree with you! It is rather disappointing to see how animals are treated. In fact not just by parents or kids, but even friends and guests who wish to meet your pet. I had reached such levels of frustration, that I have prepared a contract for anyone who wishes to meet my girl, Gaby.
Razor is offline   Reply With Quote