View Single Post
Old 03-10-2018, 06:24 AM  
Dedenne
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Barred cages is not allowed

Like I said in my original post an aquarium is not an option mostly due to price and transport. It is commonly known that barred wheels is bad due to that they can get stuck, usually way to small but mostly since they can get bubbles on their feet (I do not remember the exact name for them) but that is due to them standing and running on the surface which they do not do on the barred cage (how would that look…) while barred cages is promoted by some hamster owners here and the reason for bar chewing is mostly due to boredom so by putting a bar chewing hamster in a tank you just takes care of the symptom and not the problem itself. With the climbing the cage can be set up in a safe way (as all animal enclosure should be, big open spaces can also be bad for hamsters as that stresses them) and that would not be a problem. So I do not see the similarities at all since one is absolutely bad and the other one can be bad if you do not know what you are doing. But I will go with the DIY cage I posted earlier due to the size and price. I have stops planning to get a barred cage due to the rules in my country but I do not believe they are completely bad, maybe a bit harder to set up correctly and tend to, but not bad for the hamster if you know what you are doing, based what says in here. I’m clearly not qualified to have that kind of cage since I’m so new at hamsters.

Letting kids harass pets in cruel. The pets can be harassed no matter what type of cage they are in. I believe that kids should be thought to respect animals in the first place not just keep them apart. Why have animals if the family cannot enjoy them? Or why have a pet that does not get along with the family lifestyle? Same goes for pets, why get a lot of pets that do not get along? If anyone has that low respect or is that ignorant that they let them harass each other or let kids harass or hurt animals you should not get any pets in the first place. Same goes for people mistreating their animals in other ways and that after being told that that is not good not doing anything about it.

I’m sorry if I sounds aggressive but just at this moment the subject of peopel not respecting animals is a bit sensitive to me after every day seeing parents getting rid of pets they got for their children since the kids got bored of them. It just makes me mad.
Dedenne is offline   Reply With Quote