View Single Post
Old 03-09-2018, 09:13 PM  
returnswipe
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Barred cages is not allowed

I would go for an aquarium because there really isn't any way they can get out of it. I keep mine in an aquarium and she does fine with it. This thread reminds me of the barred hamster wheels, which aren't good and they can break your hamster's feet. Even though the bars on the wheel are different from the ones on the cage, they can still chew on it, but I don't think they can break their feet on it. With the barred aquarium, dwarf hamsters can probably easily escape and slide through the wire. Kids can stick their fingers through them and tease the hamster. or cats and dogs can get their claws and noses through there. If you have kids or pets, keep the cage somewhere where they won't be able to get to it. Also, bedding can easily be kicked out through the bars and can make a mess. Falls from overly tall platforms can injure your hamster too. So, I would recommend an aquarium for your hamster. Bars might also get in the way of you being able to see your hamster, but aquariums, you can always see what they're doing through the transparent glass. Hope this helped!
returnswipe is offline   Reply With Quote