View Single Post
Old 03-06-2018, 02:52 PM  
ShannonSides
Newborn Pup

Question First Custom hamster diet - please help!

Hi everyone! So I am relatively new to hamster care, currently own one Syrian named Pippin! We just got him about a week ago. Not sure exactly how old he is but I don’t think he’s quite full grown yet. I am working on putting together his diet. I have it set up in a pill organizer and I was hoping you experts could take a look and help me out!

So as a base I am using Kaytee Fortidiet prohealth pellets. They are 20% protein, 4% fat, 7% fiber.

Here’s my weekly plan:
Sunday & Thursday: 2-3 Kaytee pellets, some fresh veggies. Not sure exactly how much is a good amount, I was thinking like a spinach leaf and a small piece of cauliflower? (Obviously I’ll switch up the safe veggies, just need help knowing how much to give.)

Monday & Wednesday & Saturday: 2-3 Kaytee pellets, and a bit of a protein mix I’ve made. The protein mix I made has sunflower seeds, macadamia nuts, pistachios, and dried meal worms. I’m thinking just a quarter-size amount of this mix with the pellets - again need help with amount!

Tuesday & Friday: 2-3 Kaytee pellets and a piece or two of dried pasta for fiber. I’ve found Pippin really likes egg noodles. Are there certain pastas that are better than others?

Any feedback is much appreciated, especially with the quantities! Again, I’m still relatively a beginner (this is only my second hamster and my first time doing a diet plan like this) so if this is way off please let me know how I can be better!
ShannonSides is offline   Reply With Quote