View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 12:11 PM  
jack5125
Newborn Pup

Thumbs up Re: New to hamster care. House advice for a robo.

Thanks for all the help!

I've placed a request for return. As I will keep an eye out for deals on a good syrian hamster cage when the time comes nearer.

I have had a look at some of the suggested ones you both have listed and they all seem good for me. But their prices are all similar and I dont have many accessories a bendy bridge, playball, some toilet roll connected tubes and sometimes a treat toilet roll thing that he loves.

I think the extra shelf that comes with the grosvenor would be nice although I dont know how much frodo would appreciate it and I can always buy or makeshift my own at some point.

They are all around 40-45 pounds where I can see them. Is there 1 of them that is stand out better? Or, is it preference on tank like style on zoo zone 1 which is 5 pounds cheaper than the grosvenor and ferplast kios.

Apparently the ferplast kios has a 15cm Base I seen it in a previous thread after a bit of googling. Here are the ones I have found:

ZooZone medium: 40 Pounds which seems to be slightly smaller
Ferplast Kios: 45 Pounds May be harder to arrange but may be worth it
and the Grosvenor: 45 Pounds Comes with little shelf and tiny spacing for good ventilation and no escaping I guess?

I have also seen the Barney Cage and it has 7mm spacing or would this be better to buy for a syrian or bigger dwarf? it is only 5 pounds more than the other 2 at 50 Pounds

What do you guys think? I am still a little unsure I would normally go for cheapest if they were similar but 1 has deep base 1 is a tnak with cage lid and the other has super tiny spacing and a platform included (which I don't know is even a good thing just seems to use it currently running up and down it sometimes).

Thanks again to a newbie hamster owner!
jack5125 is offline   Reply With Quote