View Single Post
Old 03-05-2018, 01:34 AM  
jack5125
Newborn Pup

Default New to hamster care. House advice for a robo.

Hi all,

I am new and will make an introductory post when I am home this evening. I am new to hamster care as my girlfriend wanted a hamster and I wasn't especially fussed. But, after 2 to 3 weeks of him being home I love it and have been reading hamster care information videos etc. I am obsessed now.

I have a 11 to 14 week old roborovski hamster called frodo. I have him in a cage too small as my girlfriend bought it with advice from pet store and have the savic spelos xl unit. This is too small and the wheel is crazy squeaky. I have ordered a alaska cage as it is decently sized and was on sale. This is online from zooplus and I am worried about frodo escaping through gaps. Should I just get another cage and save this one for future hamsters I may get or will it be OK. I have read that people have their robos in this cage and have no problems. I house him alone and I am taming him everyday with box method and have had some success he sits on my hand and let's me lift him slowly up and down with no hassle and like being stroked when sitting there while eating.

Anyone advice on this?

Thanks a bunch if you can help!

Last edited by souffle; 03-05-2018 at 04:37 AM.
jack5125 is offline   Reply With Quote