Thread: Meet Dumpling!
View Single Post
Old 03-04-2018, 10:32 PM  
dumplingthedwarf
Newborn Pup

Red face Meet Dumpling!

Hey, everyone!

I'm particularly new to HC and I've never introduced my precious angel, Dumpling, before!

A little backstory about her adoption day: It was October 2nd and I made a trip to Petco to purchase more dog treats since I used to walk dogs at the shelter. I haven't seen or had a hamster since I was around 11 years old (I am now 20), so I wanted to pass by the small animal section. I noticed one specific dwarf hamster sleeping inside her cage all alone and I immediately fell in love! I already had a name for her - Mochi - because of her gray-white coat. I knew I couldn't leave without her so I made an impulse decision to get a hamster.

However, I spoke to the employees in hopes of meeting "Mochi" for the first time, but they warned me that she was particularly grumpy and angry all the time. Now, this is probably just because she's been stuck inside a small cage for quite some time, but I told myself she might not be the one for me.

They proceeded to show me a black/gray long-haired hamster and I was in love all over again! I got to play with her and she crawled all over me, despite us being strangers to one another. The employees also informed me that she was the longest staying hamster at the store, so I really wanted to get her out. To have a better opinion, I asked one of my friends to come help me. Because I live in a smaller apartment, I figured I couldn't get a Syrian, so I felt defeated and was starting to lose hope.

Alas! I saw a litter of white-faced Roborovskis that I overlooked before. They slept in a huddle, which turned my heart into a puddle! Because there were so many of them, I decided to pick the fattest/chubbiest one out of all of them and I later named her Dumpling! She looks exactly like a fried dumpling if you can't tell haha.

Anyway, it's been 5 months since I first got her and I suspect she's about 6 months old. This is her on the first day I got her.
IMG_5437.jpeg

She is an absolute sweetheart. Her favorite foods are mealworms, grapes, and broccoli! She loves sand baths and hates nail trims. She loves her strawberry hourse, but she chews the crap out of it! When I pick her up close to my face, she almost always licks my nose! Anyway, I think I've typed too much so I'll leave you guys with these pictures of her. Enjoy!

61444834-CCA8-4356-A966-C3EEBBB28FA9.JPG

135B6456-1DA9-4C09-920A-59389E00EAAF.JPG

0055863F-BCBC-4C46-B178-A097EFE550F6.JPG

IMG_4421.jpeg

Long story short, I came to Petco for dog treats and I left with a hamster and no dog treats.
dumplingthedwarf is offline   Reply With Quote