View Single Post
Old 03-01-2018, 08:54 AM  
SKB_Hamsters
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: SKB’s Photography

More Butterflies and a Robin

Last week I decided that this Wednesday I was going to visit the butterflies again. Seeing the forecast on the weekend I thought I wouldn't be able to go due to the "Beast from the East" bringing snow and freezing temperatures (it even caused my wildlife conservation volunteering being cancelled Today due to the snow!) - luckily yesterday we only had the remains of the snow left over from Tuesday afternoon light dusting of snow that I was still able to visit the butterflies.

It was lovely to see the butterflies again, this time they were flying around more than they were last time - as it was really, really hot inside the glasshouse (a complete contrast to the weather from outside - I even had to go outside with no scarf and coat on to cool down a little!) and the sun was streaming through the glass - keeping the wings of the butterflies nice a warm for their aerial displays. So it was a perfect place to spend a freezing cold day - apart from my camera took a little while to adjust and lens to stop steaming up!

This time there were some different butterflies than there was last time and it was really lovely to watch them flying around giving aerial displays.

Plus I saw a robin who I currently residing inside the warm glasshouse, he was singing away and I manage to get a quick photo before he disappeared back into the undergrowth!

Owning Hamsters since Nov 2007
SKB_Hamsters is offline   Reply With Quote