View Single Post
Old 02-25-2018, 05:02 AM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Mixes versus nuggets?

Nuggets aren't ideal as hamsters are natural foragers & it's better for them to have a variety of things in a mix, seeds to shell & other different bits to pick over & even better for scatter feeding, it's a form of enrichment for them, they may pick out the best bits first but as long as you don't feed again until most of the food has gone they don't usually get into the habit of picky eating. You son't need to feed daily as long as there's enough you can feed every few days.
Nuggets are just boring for them & not many have an ideal GA for hamsters.

ETA I don't know why but I though you were in the US for some reason but I see from your other post you're in the UK, the best mixes for dwarf hams in the UK are Burgess dwarf hamster harvest which is available in most pet shops, that can get a bit boring for them though as it lacks variety, the other good mix is Bunny dwarf hamster dream expert from Zooplus.
If you want to use some all in one nuggets then Science selective hamster is the best to use.
❤️

Last edited by cypher; 02-25-2018 at 05:25 AM.
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote