View Single Post
Old 02-21-2018, 07:32 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Tooms just ate a pencil rubber will he be ok?

Our Syrian, Newt, has an obsession with the TV remote control when he's on the sofa and always tries to have a nibble of it, but I keep an eye on it! Typical boy, hogging the remote control lol. I wouldn't have thought the tiny bit nibbled would do any harm. And as Souffle said he may have hoarded it. Which does mean checking his house - no mean feat if the pieces are teeny tiny! I think I would just leave it. You could have a poke around to see if you can see any - or if you're really worried, you may just need to clean out his whole house contents, but I would put back as much as you can after checking - his nest and the same bedding, so it doesn't stress him too much. If you have to remove his hoard because it's too hard to check through, just put a nice pile of new food back where the hoard was before. And give him an extra treat or two in the cage for him to find,to make up for it.

I had to do this a while back when Newt pouched a little piece of fresh chicken I offered him while out of the cage. He only gets freeze dried chicken now!
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote