View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 04:09 PM  
Gigi_Apples
Newborn Pup

Default Re: First time owner needing advice for Robo

Thank you everyone for commenting and for the advice! <3 I've made some amazing progress this week, I've starting a new taming routine which we are doing every day. I've actually only just named him, he's called Baby! he wakes up around three every day, so I offer him the ball and let him run for 15-30 minutes (he seems to really love it). Towards the end, I move his whole cage into the bath and remove most of his toys except the wheel, food and one shelter. I put it in the bath because i can get the lid off without being scared he'll escape. Then I put him in there and offer him treats, before just laying my hand down flat, I do that for about 5-10 minutes and then start gently scooping him up, letting him run off my hand and back into the box. I've done that for four days now, progressing to letting him run between my hands yesterday, and today as soon as i put my hand down, he ran straight onto it and began running between my hands absolutely fine, with no encouragement! I think he's figured out that I'm an escape route from the cage because he's run up my arm a few times and nearly escaped! but i think this is really good progress if he'll walk straight onto my open hand with no problem I think the scent tissue trick really worked because ever since I did that, he's not tried to bite or nibble me at all. He dragged the tissue into his bed and has been sleeping in it. He's a very confident little boi
Gigi_Apples is offline   Reply With Quote