Old 02-18-2018, 01:12 AM  
Moon_flower
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Meet Neve

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
Hello Neve
She a beautiful girl!
I'm sure she'll enjoy her upgrade & maybe she will begin to use the wheel then, which wheels have you tried her with? Sometimes they only use the wheel in the night when no one is around, you can try putting some substrate on top of the wheel & see if it's still there in the morning, if they're a bit unsure about the wheel leaving a few seeds in there can encourage them to explore it a bit more.

In her cage she already had a tiny wheel like 6cm wide or less, we noticed that she didn't even fit in it and she wasn't using it but we bought a bigger one anyway, I don't remember but it's probably offbrand or an italian brand, from a local shop, it looks like the "comfort wheel" and she fits in there perfectly with her spine flat
So we tried leaving it in her cage, she tried walking a few steps but soon lost interest, wa noticed that in the daytime she wouldn't use it even if she was awake, so we took it out because it took up too much space in that tiny cage and she couldn't even walk around
I will definitely try the methods you mentioned to see if she will use it in her new cage! I had never thought of anything like that
Moon_flower is offline   Reply With Quote