Thread: Homemade diets
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2018, 03:39 PM  
maxhanckel
Newborn Pup

Default Re: Homemade diets

Thanks for the response! I’ve actually already scoped out a few local stores where i can buy pretty much all the grains, dried herbs, and fresh vegetables organic.
Thanks for providing that link too, I’ve come across that one and checked out that German website! It had some great info.
Is there a reason you don’t include vegetables into your nutrient calculations? Do you rely mostly on the cereals and grains when initially coming up with your mix? Variety is definitely something I’m aiming for too. I feel that most animals in the wild (or people) don’t get a perfectly balanced diet every single day, but the body knows what to do so long as it gets the needed nutrients within a week or so! So my veggies will be rotated
But I felt more comfortable including veggies in my calculations because the veggies offered a lot of nutrients I just wasn’t seeing with only grains and such. And, as far as I can remember (I’m at work) my protein, carb, fiber, and fat levels were all in the proper ranges. Since two of my hammies are young, I can add in extra protein too.
maxhanckel is offline   Reply With Quote