View Single Post
Old 02-13-2018, 05:43 PM  
astrid
Hamster Pup

Default Re: New hamster sneezing

Hey again! This Sunday was the last day I was giving Pippin Baytril (the whole course was 14 days). The vet had said that I should observe him this week and if he doesn't get better, the next step would be to put him under anaesthesia to be able to do a more thorough check-up.

It's been only two days since, but so far he does not seem any better. If anything, today he seems to have sneezed more than yesterday. I've been feeding him his Harry Hamster food and giving him a variety of fresh vegetables (occasionally some berries) and some seeds (pumpkin, sunflower and linseed) daily. Also, giving him some pine nuts and half a brazil nut per week. I've tried to leave him alone so that he can get over all the stress of two-weeks worth of vet visits and medicine. His cage is in my bedroom (I'm sharing a house with other tenants) and there is a small oil radiator plugged in all the time to ensure a constant warm temperature.

It seems that Pippin sneezed pretty much throughout a month and a half that I've had him. Otherwise, he doesn't seem ill (as he is eating, drinking, exercising). But I know that, as a prey animal, he might be hiding his symptoms as much as he can. I am just really concerned for him and not sure what to do. Putting him under anaesthesia seems quite drastic. But sneezing all this time doesn't sound normal either. Would anyone have any opinions or suggestions?
astrid is offline   Reply With Quote