Thread: Amazed
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 11:57 PM  
CharlieEcho
Newborn Pup

Default Amazed

For some time now I have been trying to hand tame my Syrian Hamster Charlie but he just seems to afraid to actually step up on my hand. He will take food from my hand but won't step on my hand to actually take the treat. So tuesday I got a new hamster Echo who is believed to be thanks to your guys help a Pied Roborovski. Every time I go near the cage he runs up to the side to greet me. So tonight I thought I would try to see how he would take some sunflower seeds from my hand. He got a little spooked the first time my hand went in but the second time he come took the sunflower from my hand and then another and then another. So I put the sunflower seed on my fingers just to see if maybe he would just touch my hand at all, and with no hesitation what so ever he hopped onto my hand ate the sunflower seeds and stayed there. Now I was not expecting that at all I figured maybe he would come over take the seeds a run off nope he stayed on my hand, started digging at my fingers and started to give me a little test nibble, wasn't hard just trying to see if maybe I was hiding more food. It just amazes me that after not even having him for a week he is so trusting to come up on my hand and actually be handled. I have always heard that dwarf hamsters were alot harder to tame than syrians. But I guess it just depends on the personality of the hamster really than the species.
CharlieEcho is offline   Reply With Quote