View Single Post
Old 01-28-2018, 04:23 PM  
SKB_Hamsters
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: All About My Pumpkin

Thank You cypher, Coco61 and dreamtree

A Lazy Week

Pumpkin has had a lazy week - spending more time sleeping than usual. It started on late Tuesday evening, as we were experiencing some really stormy weather and I could hear the wind whistling outside. Pumpkin returned to her house earlier than usual and when I woke up in the morning she has piled lots of fitch around her house entrance. Then for the rest of the week she has been more sleepy than usual and I haven't really seen much of Pumpkin at all - she still wanted to come out for her evening cuddle time so we still had some cuddles but she then spent the rest of her time out of her snuggled in her grass nest. I did try seeing one day if she wanted to go back in her cage early but after sticking her head out with her eyes still partly shut and not wanting to leave the comforts of her grass nest I decided to leave her until it was her usual time to go back in her cage. After returning Pumpkin to her cage, like usual demand her her evening treats - then after eating or storing them Pumpkin returned back to her house and she didn't come out for the rest of the evening when I was still awake (and I stay up quite late before going to bed - although she may have been more awake when I was asleep). However on Thursday evening, Pumpkin did emerge from her house later in the evening and sat begging for a cuddle which I obliged to - although a little while after returning Pumpkin to her cage I think she heard something which startled her as she shot back to her house - looking like she was startles.

So her behaviour this week has been quite unlike her usual hyperactive self - although she is now approximately now 1 year and 6 months - so I'm aware she may start begin to slow down. I decided to weigh Pumpkin on Friday and then I discovered that she lost around 10g since the last time I weighed her approximately over a month ago - which left me a little concerned so did a full health check and everything seems normal. Although I have turned my heating up slightly in case she was getting cold - as there has been problems with the heating the last couple of weeks so the house has been colder than usual.

However tonight Pumpkin seems to be more like her usual self - been quite hyper during her evening cuddle time we had lots of cuddles, and she was playing more in her playbin. As well as now she back in her cage she is still running around and using her wheels a lot more than I have seen her all of this week. I must admit it quite a relief seeing her more like her usual self as I was starting to worry that something wasn't quite right with her. But I will continue to closely monitor to make sure she is still okay.

Owning Hamsters since Nov 2007
SKB_Hamsters is offline   Reply With Quote