View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 05:47 PM  
Little_Coco
Newborn Pup

Default Cage Size? + Extra Help?

Hi! I just got a hamster (of course a Chinese) for a early birthday present on January 7th 2018, so earlier this month.

I don't know if the cage is to small, though. She seems to be happy though and runs everywhere, and it's not a big cage at all. All of the YouTube videos I've watched recommended big and fancy tanks and cages, but I have a little one. Should I switch it out to a big one? Coco (the hamster) is very small and I don't know if I should even consider getting a big one or not. I'd like opinions. Also, what brands of cages do you use? Is it hamster cages or is it like, another thing, such as rats/mice cages?

Another thing is she isn't sleeping in her bed. She sleeps under her wheel under all of the bedding, is this normal?

Also another thing, I know they burrow a lot, but she isn't burrowing in the new bedding. I cleaned her cage for the first time today and she's been staying in her wheel, which I know is normal, but I saw she attempted to go where she usually slept, but I'm afraid she cannot burrow. Last time she just grabbed a whole bunch of bedding and plopped it where she would burrow to burrow. Would she do that or should I add a little more bedding?

One last thing. I use a mixture of Kaytee seeds & such and Oxbow pellets and she doesn't seem to be eating the pellets, what do I do about that?

Thank you so much! I'm a new hamster owner so I don't know many of these things, I'd love to hear advice so my young little baby can live a happy life!
Little_Coco is offline   Reply With Quote