View Single Post
Old 01-21-2018, 07:30 AM  
SKB_Hamsters
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: SKB’s Photography

Thank you so much Serendipity7000, Thin Lizzy, Drago, BorisPasha, SunnyOy and dreamtree1234 for you lovely compliments and I'm pleased that you all enjoyed seeing my photos. I was very fortunate with getting a photo of the robin and squirrel - previous attempts when trying to photograph birds or wild mammals they have disappeared as soon as I get my camera to focus.

Serendipity7000, I wasn't aware of supermoon but your reply made me research it and I found out that the night of 1st Jan there was a supermoon (day I took the photo) and their is another one is predicted on the 31st too. It did look slightly bigger in the sky although I still had to zoom in to about 100x to get a clear detailed photo (I have never zoomed in this much before)

(I tried sharing some photos the other day after sharing the photos of Pumpkin on her thread but somehow I had accidentally pressed a button on my computer which caused my laptop to be put in a safe/aeroplane mode so couldn't work out how to access any internet signals but today I have managed switch it off so can now share my photos I had planned to share!)

Chrysanthemums

Today I'm going to share a few photos of my favourite flower - the chrysanthemums. I absolutely love them especially as their flowers comes in some many different forms, colours and the plants themselves are easy to propagate by cuttings. They also flower at the end of year and continuing flowering until they get frosted so add lots of colour into the garden when the other plants have died back for the winter.

This first collage I have shared before in the 31 Days of October thread, of my chrysanthemums. They lasted really well into December until they got frosted however they have started to produce new shots and I have some cuttings for my winter colour this year. They are also my favourite colour Orange!

In my previous post the butterflies where enjoying the nectar from a beautiful chrysanthemums back in October when for my dad's birthday we visited a local horticultural garden - I was amazed to see so many butterflies on one plant before - I have been looking to get one of these one for my garden for the butterflies.

Here are a few more photos of some other Chrysanthemum I took when I visited the garden in October -

Owning Hamsters since Nov 2007

Last edited by SKB_Hamsters; 01-21-2018 at 07:53 AM.
SKB_Hamsters is offline   Reply With Quote