View Single Post
Old 01-11-2018, 05:46 PM  
MeganAndMisty
Hamster Pup

Unhappy Bambi has stopped using his wheel.. :(

for last week or so Bambi hasn't been on his wheel at all I know because I put some substrate on the top of the wheel and it hasn't moved.
He's only just turned one so he's not that old and he hasn't been slowing down at all. He had been using his wheel regularly and then he just stopped for no reason.

I checked his legs and feet and he seems fine he's still running around and climbing on things both when he's in his cage and when I take him out for play time. I also checked his nails because I Know it can be painful for hamsters if they get too long or too short but they seem fine as well.

He's eating and drinking normally and other than the fact that he no longer is using his wheel he seems to be acting completely normal.
I don't understand why he won't use his wheel? I've checked it and it works fine. I'm really worried since he used to love his wheel - he used to run on it all night and they he just very suddenly stopped using it all together?
My mum said that maybe he's stopped using it because he's cold, however I doubt that this is the reason why because he's still been out playing in his sand and with his other toys.

I don't know what to do ?
MeganAndMisty is offline   Reply With Quote