View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 03:47 AM  
Fluffagrams

Default Re: The Metallica Chronicles

So did I BorisPasha. Some of them were so sweet with their presents that it would have been nice to look back on from time to time.

The other day I worked out that 27 Chinese Hamsters have passed through Metallica Hamstery in the six years that I've been back into hamster keeping. 25 of them have been Normals, 2 have been Dominant Spots and I've not yet had a BEW. One day I'd like a BEW and I still wish I'd have got that lovely girl I saw on the sales table at the SHC Christmas show. My breeding focus is on Normals though and a BEW is not going to help in adding more richness back into the Normal's colour.

Anyway, back to my current lot. Matthew has had to be removed from the show team yet again in the run up to a show as 'the curse of the skin split' is not finished with us yet and Matthew has another one. I was hoping to take him to Bradford Champs but he's very unlikely to be ready in time.

Here he is before he got his skin split hoping for more seeds on Christmas morning...

more seeds by Metallica Hamstery, on Flickr

Juno has decided that she's the new Head Housemaid now that Jessie is gone and spent ages putting her cage right with a bit of creative housekeeping after I'd cleaned it. Here she is showing off her Megazorb mountain...

little housekeeper by Metallica Hamstery, on Flickr

Supervising the seed distribution...

26239258_798102780373041_6405126896450921601_n by Metallica Hamstery, on Flickr

I thought this one was too cute not to share it...

excuse me by Metallica Hamstery, on Flickr

The Cormes are now bigger than little Juno and she is, once again, the smallest hamster in our hamster room. It's a shame she never really grew into her potential as it would have been lovely to have bred her. Her type is pretty good... she just needs more of it and although she's got white cheek flashes and several white patches on her belly (a fault in showing terms) the rest of her colour is a nice warm brown.
Fluffagrams is offline   Reply With Quote