View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 04:28 PM  
SKB_Hamsters
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default SKB’s Photography

I have been contemplating for a while now on creating this thread as a means of sharing some of the other photos I take apart from ones of Pumpkin which I share on her thread – and seeing that it’s a New Year I thought this would be the ideal time to create this thread.

I really enjoy taking photos as it a lovely way to capture memories but also a way to take a snapshot of something which simply catches my eye – this normally includes flowers, foliage, wildlife, landscape to name a few. I use my Canon PowerShot SX530HS bridge camera to take my photos – although I have had my camera for a year and a half now I am still finding that I’m learning about as well as also still experimenting with all the setting on my camera!

The Moon and some Butterflies

On New Year’s Day I visited a local garden near to where I live and see their flower themed Christmas light again before they took them down – and seeing as I have membership so can get in free – I thought it was a lovely way to spends the late afternoon/early evening and was a perfect opportunity to take some photo too. Whilst taking some photo of some of some of the lights I noticed the moon was in it full moon phase – as the sky was really clear and still – so I really wanted to capture its beauty. It took me a little while with some trial and error to get a good clear detailed photo opposed to a blurred glowing ball – before I was successful …

After I got my clear photo of The Moon, I began to be a little creative using both the moon as well as the trees to capture these photos too …

Whilst in the tropical glasshouse I noticed around some butterfly feeding stations not expecting to see any due to it being late I was pleasantly surprised to see a few – some hanging down from undersides of leaves whilst another enjoying some orange. I’m hoping to go back later this month during the day and hopefully see some more butterfly even watch some flying about as well as take loads more photos. But here are 3 photos of 3 individual butterflies which I was happy to see …

Owning Hamsters since Nov 2007
SKB_Hamsters is offline   Reply With Quote