View Single Post
Old 12-16-2017, 12:09 PM  
Emma Marie
Newborn Pup

Default Theodore- the boy I couldn't leave

Hi, I'm sure most of you know by now that I lost my beautiful teddy last week. Yesterday I decided to deep clean his cage as I hated seeing it with all his thing in but empty.

Today I went into town with my mum and we decided to go into pets at home to get a new sand bath for Sapphire. It was there we heard about 'Norman'.
He is a dwarf hamster who has been at pets at home for just over six months now. He was first adopted to a family with another dwarf however he was returned as the two hamsters fought. Pets at home then put him back with the other hamsters but once again fighting occurred and this time he was injured.

Theo has resided in a small adoption cage for the past three months. He is overweight but he is absolutely beautiful and my mum and I could not leave him there.

When Theo arrived home I immediately noticed that his urine was very potent and was instantly suspicious of diabetes due to his size. At the store he was apparently getting lots of treats and normal hamster food.
I am not sure whether to contact pets at home about possible vet care as I did adopt him. I also noticed he has a lot of fur cracks?

Currently I have started him on the same food as Sapphire Burgess Dwarf Premium however I am removing the corn and yellow food. I have given him a little celery and cucumber. In himself he seems okay just very sleepy. I have weighed him and he weighs 69g.

I am not sure whether to take him to the vets as I am not sure whether there is much more information they can add. I will be purchasing the diabetes test kit from my local pharmacy on Monday.

I know it is very soon after Teddy but I simply could not leave him there as he was so friendly and came straight up to us. I felt so bad for him as he was in such a small cage with just a flying saucer and a small house.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg th.jpg (13.2 KB, 28 views)
File Type: jpg the.jpg (12.0 KB, 20 views)
File Type: jpg Theo.jpg (19.1 KB, 24 views)
File Type: jpg ttt.jpg (11.9 KB, 19 views)
Emma Marie is offline   Reply With Quote