View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 01:44 PM  
Miaaj123
Newborn Pup

Question I own a very picky hamster, has anyone made homemade food??

Hi!

About a week ago I bought a syrian hamster, hes only 8 weeks old, and whilst we had a shakey start with a few nips and squeels, he is now running around in his ball and letting us feed him by hand (although still no holding yet!).

He has a little bit of a... personality? He likes arguing back if you move any of his stuff and also likes squeeking at you when you give him apple drops.

But... he is VERY picky with his food.

He doesn't like any of the biscuit bits you get with store bought food, he sometimes likes sweetcorn, some times doesnt, he always loves seeds and apple drops (as treats) as well as carrot.

So my question is, has anyone made homemade food? I really have no idea where to begin, I have read about making sure there is the right proportions of nutrients etc. but at the moment he is just kicking everything out of his bowl that he doesn't like (mostly the green/orange biscuits) and eating everything else, so making a huge mess. I bought some sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds (organic, no added anything!) and he ran out, ate them all and then went back to sleep. I've read about people making dried fruit and vegetables, but I don't know if this will be beneficial.

Any help will do! TIA.

(also, attached is a picture of my gorgeous guy, named steve) (maybe he's just retaliating after being called steve...)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20171205_202906_654.jpg (315.7 KB, 12 views)
Miaaj123 is offline   Reply With Quote