View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 03:07 PM  
pinkneon
Pink Glittery Hamsters

Default Re: Happy Birthday pinkneon!

Thank you all for the birthday wishes. I'm sorry I didn't post this sooner, it's been a bit busy here!
My actual birthday was spent quietly at home. I have several chronic illnesses, so a lot of the time I am unwell, or extremely tired. Because I'd been woken up at silly-o'clock by someone else in the house, I was wiped out by about 10am! I had to have a nap, but that nap only lasted half an hour, which wasn't great. So I spent the day watching Harry Potter. I LOVE the Harry Potter movies, and regularly watch them, in order! However, it had been a while since I'd watched them, so it was nice to catch up with it again. I also spent the day eating the cakes and things I'd made the day before. Oh, and we put up the Christmas tree!!
Then yesterday, my housemate and I went out for dinner which was nice, but tiring! We had also spent a couple of hours in town beforehand, doing Christmas shopping. Usually, I am done with the Christmas shopping by now, and am half way through wrapping, but this year I've barely done any shopping!! (Get a move on, pinkneon!) Because I was out most of yesterday, today I was planning to spend at home resting - I usually need a couple of days to recover if I've been out all day. I had to pop out anyway, to collect a prescription, and a friend of mine phoned to tell me she had found me the perfect onesie (I practically live in onesies in the Winter!) So I jumped on a bus, to find her holding a UNICORN ONESIE!!!! I love unicorns, so was SO excited! We then popped next door into McDonald's. I NEVER go there, because there's nothing there I'll eat, but I was busting for the toilet. Whilst I was waiting, I saw a rainbow!! I couldn't figure out what was making it though, but it was so pretty!!!! And then I came home and have been watching Christmas movies all evening! I plan to spend the weekend resting - hopefully because our heating is broken again (And it's only just been fixed)

Anyway, photos! So, on Tuesday I made some pain au chocolat, cinnaom swirls and cupcakes. I cheated and used kits so didn't make them from scratch - but to be honest I can't cook! Because I'd planned to share with some friends, the cupcakes were gluten free, and ALL the snacks were egg and dairy free! (The chocoalte in the pain au chocolat was dairy free too) However, the plan to share didn't quite happen, and I ended up eating the lot over the course of Tuesday and Wednesday - oops!

The cupcakes had unicorn sprinkles and little flowers on!

I put a candle on one of the pain au chocolat and cupcakes (please excuse my giant unicorn in the background!)

Here is our Christmas tree! The decorations we had are ... Well, kind of limited!

The Christmas tree in the shopping mall is HUGE! The black things around it is where Santa's Grotto will be

And finally, here's the raibow I saw inside today!
pinkneon is offline   Reply With Quote