View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 09:01 AM  
Stardust79
Hamster Pup

Default Re: Help! Wet tail URGENT PLEASE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cypher View Post
I really wouldn't put anything in her water tbh, try her with the baytril mixed in with a tiny (half a teaspoon at most) bit of baby food, I've never had a problem with hams taking meds mixed with baby food so she should eat it then do as you have been doing with the probiotics at least a few hours later.
If you put them in the water the water has to be changed daily so you're going to waste a lot & I think adding things to water risks putting them off drinking as much as they might need.
Good to hear she seems to be improving though.
She seems to like the water. The probiotic is flavoured. She has been drinking lots. It's also got electolytes in it. I change her water daily anyway. What I am going to do is as of her dose of baytil tonight, mix 0.07ml in with a little porridge and put her probiotic in the water. It hasn't stopped her drinking. She drank 3 times last night for a good 2 minutes both times. I never hear her drink usually. I am only adding a tiny pinch of probiotic, as it's for rabbits. The vet said tiny pinch.