View Single Post
Old 11-25-2017, 12:15 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Welcome to Jeeves!

I am still fascinated by his colour. Yes they are easily alarmed as babies when you first get them, but I'm sure he appreciates you cooing and is getting to know you and will gain in confidence.

After another week he will be settled in his cage more. I am still in two minds about the business of "tricking" them into going into a tube Because they seem to behave differently out of the cage to in the cage. In the cage it's their territory but out of the cage they seem to forget they didn't want to come out and then have fun But I'm sure things will progress gradually.

It's reminding me that Newtie would get alarmed easily and hide at first. But once he got the hang of the wheel in the playpen he was clamouring at the cage door to come out. Once the wheel was in the cage he wasn't so bothered about coming out and I do lift him out or tempt him out these days.

I'm sure you'll get to know his little personality soon too. Newt was a bit maverick and very active as a baby, climbing and wrecking things!
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote