View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 08:55 PM  
Katsunae

Unhappy Possible birth defects?

Just to be clear I don't care what Charley (my hamster) looks like. He has the best personality, and I love him dearly regardless of his (possible) deformed sweet little face.

- I just bought Charley from petsmart today (yay!). From what the employee has told me, charley may or may not have been sick for the two weeks they had him. I was informed that he was dehydrated but is well now and needs a good home.. as we all know petsmart and petco aren't the most reliable when it comes to animal health and care, so I'm skeptical of sweet Charley's well being.
- He has big black bug eyes (I was told he was born that way) and his nose is more concave than any of the other Syrian hamsters I saw. Even his brothers nose was noticeably bigger.. so I've come to the conclusion perhaps charley was born with some sort of facial deformity? I'm new here so I'm at a loss as how to post pictures.
- I hope this was enough information to go off of despite no picture. If anyone knows what might be wrong with my little buddy or if there are health risks, please let me know. I want to give charley the best life possible. Also going to the vet is currently not an option.. hurricane Harvey has flooded the only near by veterinary that cares for small animals, so I'd have to drive about 1-2 hours to reach the next available, however I will do so if this turns out to be an emergency. Thank you for the help! <3
Katsunae is offline   Reply With Quote