View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 06:52 PM  
AlbysMum
Banned

Default Re: Meet Alby - the very fluffy hamster!

Thank you all for even more lovely comments!

Alby has settled in really well although we did have a little blip last night. We were letting him run about again under supervision in his fort, BF got up too quickly from the bed and dropped his book. Although Alby was a safe distance away I think the noise spooked him and he was a little bit jumpy after. BF felt terrible and tried to comfort him with cuddles and treats. We left him be for a bit in his cage. Tonight he’s been a lot better, around 9pm stood at the door to his cage and made little chirpy noises when he saw me.

He was in for a treat because I’d actually just made him VanillaHamHam’s Carrot Cake for hamsters (if you haven’t already, search this on YouTube - I am obsessed with the amazing life she’s given her hamster!) and let’s just say it went down very well with Sir Albany. Here are some photos of cake time! He’s munched quite a bit of it and has stored the rest away for later. While this was a lovely surprise he’s still a little bit jumpy tonight, so we had some play time and then put him back in his cage for now. It’s nearly 2am here but I’m awake as I have upcoming night shifts (oh the nurse life) so I’ll probably take him out again a little bit later if he seems like he wants to. Our Linnmon cage is almost complete and we can’t wait to move him into it so hopefully with some TLC and relaxation he will be a bit calmer soon.

@SunnyOy
Myachick is so sweet! I love watching them dig, it’s so cute. Our cages are similar but not exact. Like Myachick, I think Alby will probably get a bit bigger as he thrives!! If the cage hasn’t completely finished by tomorrow I might take your tip on finding a way to give more room in Albys’ cage. What a lovely video!
AlbysMum is offline   Reply With Quote