View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 04:08 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Carolina Storm Wheel for Dwarfs??

I think it should be fine They spin well and easily I believe. I have a 9" wheel for our Robo and he runs easily in it. The Carolina Storm wheel has a 10" diameter I think. A Robo can even use a bigger wheel as long as it spins easily. It sounds like a good idea having a wheel that either can use. Although 10" diameter can be too small for some large Syrians but for an average Syrian it's fine.

The other good thing about the Carolina Storm wheel is it's nice and sturdy and you can extend the height so it can sit well above a good depth of substrate and they can burrow under it safely.

I have also seen people recommend a Syrian sized wheel for a pair of robos so they can run in it easily together so less chance of fighting. But if you have a pair you should still have two wheels, even if one is a larger one. So I would suggest having the Carolina storm wheel plus a smaller one as well (not the one with superglue ). And you can have a flying saucer as well but not instead of the second wheel. So it could be an idea to get a second small silent spinner as well - as long as it works ok - some silent spinners these days don't spin well and are stiff. If it doesn't spin well, take it back. Trying them out in a shop might be an idea.
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote