View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 05:39 PM  
Lunarstar
Newborn Pup

Default Want to make cage warmer, any tips?

OK so right now the weather is cooling down, and the temperature in the house is dropping too obviously. My parents usually keep the heat on at about 65, but for some reason my room, the room my hamster is in, has always been slightly cooler than the rest of the house. Same in the summer, it's always a bit warmer for whatever reason. Lately I've been adding extra bedding for him to pile up in, but is there anything else I can do? He's not near any drafts so I'm not worried about that.
I was wondering if maybe I could use a lowest wattage reptile heating lamp, the ones used for night time heating. The tank he is in now is huge, a 40 gallon breeder, so it would be possible to just keep it on one side so that the heats not all over. I already have the fixtures for one if this would be a good idea, since I used to keep lizards in this tank in the past. I'm not going to use heating pads, I don't think they would be the safest anyway.
So what do you think? I really want to find some good ways to keep him warmer this time of the year so he won't end up sick.
Lunarstar is offline   Reply With Quote