View Single Post
Old 11-09-2017, 07:07 AM  
Fluffagrams

Default Re: The Metallica Chronicles

Well I spoke too soon about Matthew's skin split as this morning he was out and about in his cage and I noticed that his skin split had taken a turn for the worst. I've seen a fair few of them now and I was quite concerned about how this one was looking so I took him off to the vet to get it looked at.

He's got some inflammation around it so it could have been that something had got in to the wound that was irritating it but we've got some antibiotics and some metacam for him and I've been told to bring him back in two weeks if it's not healing.

He was ever such a good boy though... all his show experience comes in handy when you need them to stand nicely whilst they're being looked at. We've not seen this vet before and she said she'd never had a hamster behave as well as Matthew did so he got himself a few extra treats when I put him back in his cage afterwards.

I'm not sure what impact this will have on his show career as his fur may never lie as it used to but we'll have to see what happens.
Fluffagrams is offline   Reply With Quote