View Single Post
Old 11-07-2017, 12:58 AM  
cypher
Dwarf whisperer

Default Re: Russian questions

How big is Pancake's house? If it's large enough you could try putting a small dish with some sand in the spot where he pees if not put the current dish really close to his entrance & put some peed on substrate there to see if that will encourage him to use it.
What substrate do you use? My current Russian doesn't like to pee in the sand in the corner dish in his house unlike my others, he just piles fitch on top & pees on that!
If you have something really absorbent in the house like fitch & shredded tissue then peeing in the house shouldn't be a real problem, just spot clean every couple of days, they don't pee much anyway so it takes a while to build up.

Pancake is still very young, cuddles may come later, the sofa may not be the best place for him, I would try making a playpen with toys & a wheel where he can enjoy active out of cage time & you can interact with him, as he gets older & more & more comfortable with being handled he may become more of a cuddly ham but they all have their own personalities & some don't really enjoy cuddling so much as others.
❤️
cypher is offline   Reply With Quote