View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 10:13 AM  
Pebbles82
Hamster Antics

Default Re: Recommended wheels

I have a 9" wheel for our robo that is silent, but it's from rodipet in Germany. The 9" silent runner (runner not "spinner") is popular for dwarf hamsters but I decided on an open wheel for a robo. The silent runner is light and spins very well so easy for a dwarf hamster to use. The sugarglider shop sell them.

The downside is the price - it's about £22. But I've had my 12" one a long time now and it's well made and has never broken so I reckon it's worth the extra cost up front. It has a sturdy safe stand and can also be fitted to cage bars but that means buying a cage mounting plate for about another £5. My 12" one is bar mounted with the plate and it's great - spins easily and silently and I can mount it wherever I want and whatever height I want, so it sits above the substrate and gives more useable floor area.

Silent Runner 9 Inch

As CMB says, the 20cm Trixie wheel is also fine - some are quiet, some aren't. And the 9" wood trixie wheel from zooplus is silent - it's cork lined so nice for hammies feet, but it could do with the surface and wood painting with plastikote pet safe waterproofing paint.

Trixie Wooden Exercise Wheel | Free P&P on orders £29+ at zooplus!
Pebbles82 is offline   Reply With Quote