View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 07:18 AM  
Burakki
Adult Hamster

Cool Prince Lemon the Marshmallow

Hello to everyone! My name is Prince Lemon, though the hoomans had a long time coming up with that one. The lady I lived with before called me Ratatouille, but my new hoomans thought that they should call me Jack, since I am round and orange... sort of... I think it’s somehow connected with the weird but delicious orange thing shining on the windowsill. And then they started calling me Prince Lemon, weird. Anyway, I only recently left my previous home and am still a bit shy. My neighbor Martina says that she was brave right away and I shouldn’t fear the new hoomans, but I’m still just getting used to being without my brothers in such a big cage with all the new smells and sounds.... Also, my drinking bottle wasn’t working properly, but one of the hoomans fixed it, and also she let me lick water droplets off her fingers and it wasn’t that scary, and it was very nice of her. I have been having juicy fruits so I wasn’t really thirsty, but I’m glad it’s working now.
I love my big new cage and I adore my wheel! Sometimes I wake up just to check that it’s still there. The first couple nights I slept next to it instead of in the hideout, because I was afraid that it’ll go away during the sleeping time. I also love to eat! I think I became three times the size I was before I came here already! But it’s so nice not to share with my brothers. I’m also gonna be very fluffy, so it may just be my pretty fur growing.
Okay, I’m still uncomfortable spending too much time away from my wheel, so I’ll leave it to the hooman to continue. Bye!

Okay, so, I hope you’ll all like my little marshmallow prince. Officially, he is called Ratatouille, but I kinda associate it with a rat, and though I have nothing against rats, he is not a rat. So, I thought Jack, since we got him during the Halloween season, but it seemed too serious of a name for such a precious marshmallow, and my mom has been calling him “little Lemon”, so I thought that, and he’s also so pretty and delicate that I couldn’t help but think that he’s a little prince, sooo... Prince Lemon he is)))
I’ve been wanting a second hamster for quite awhile, and after we had to give away our new puppy due to my mom’s allergy, I decided that it’s the right time to get another hammy. Actually, I’ve been thinking of maybe getting a chinchilla, but then I saw our breeder’s new litter and just fell in love with this little guy. He’s so adorable and so different from Marti. She’s a fearless cleaning freak, who has everything under control, and he’s a shy messy food lover (I don’t know how this much food can even fit into his body). I’m also really excited to see his fluff growing! Such a shame female hamsters don’t have such long hair, otherwise I’d have two little porcupines now). I also think he’s an interior designer deep inside since he constantly rearranges his cage setup. Marti would have a heart attack if she saw his creative mess.
He’s not confident enough to allow me to take many pictures of him, but I managed to snap a few and I’ll start with the ones his breeder took of him, that caused me to fall in love with his adorable little face!

Here we are exploring the new cage.

Half-asleep))
[/url]

We really like bar climbing

Mommy to Noir the antique book loving chinchilla
R.I.P. Prince Lemon - my fluffy baby. I’ll never forget you. 23.09.2017 - 17.05.2018
R.I.P. Martina - my golden Queen. You were amazing. 14.02.2017 - 24.01.2019
Burakki is offline   Reply With Quote