View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 02:47 AM  
worldturns
Hamster Pup

Smile Introducing Nipper

Hello everyone, warning it's a long one.
I would like to introduce Nipper! After the sad loss of Penny I could not withstand the silence in my room at night. odd that most hamsters would keep people awake if they have them in the room. for me it was the silence that kept me awake. Very odd I know.
I am sure most of you would have waited to find your next friend, which is what I had intended to do, and is a very sensible course of action. But no I needed a friend.
so after looking online for a breeder in my area and at all the rescue centers I could find I had no luck. but then a friend suggested a pet shop that I had never heard of before. so I went there and found 6 Syrian's all in their own cages. the young woman who was dealing with me knew all the hamsters personalitys. and asked if I would not mind considering one particular hamster who was a "little nipper" after showing me what he did (charged and went to bite) every time they went in to his cage (all she had to do was place her hand on the bottom of the cage) she said she would not want a child to have him as a pet as clearly he need someone with more experience. so little Nipper came home with me.
to add to this story, Nipper has not yet lived up to his name. he has tested my fingers but as of yet not one bite. I think it might have had something to do with his cage at the petshop.

he is still a little nervous and is very sensitive to sound. I am considering getting a barney cage and taking him out of the skyline Marrakesch because of the sound issues I think he might have. as I only got him on the 12th September I am waiting to see if he improves on this situation as I think he might just need to get used to the surrounding noises.

I would upload a photo but the Web page is currently not working for this it seems. I will keep trying or wait till later.
worldturns is offline   Reply With Quote