View Single Post
Old 10-28-2017, 02:28 AM  
Sazzle
Hamster Pup

Default Old little man symptoms - advice needed

Hello.
It’s been a while since I posted on here. Hope you & your hams are all keeping well.

I was hoping to call on the advice of the more experienced hamster owners on here if possible. My little boy is now 2 yrs and 3 months old, and in the last two weeks his behaviour has changed a lot. It first started when he stopped wanting to come out, and I noticed he was breathing really quickly. I fed him some bread dipped in milk which he ate and then he seemed to pick up again.

He has been hit and miss with wanting to come out - he last came out 2 nights ago. Last night however, he didn’t want to get up so I put him his usual food, a few treats and a bit of cucumber and went to bed. This morning he obviously hasn’t been up as the bits are still there. Up until yesterday he was still drinking and eating okay so I’m more worried today.

He’s popped his head out and then got up to rearrange his bed, but he still seems to be breathing hard and looks like he’s shaking. I’ve also noticed he’s had hiccups a few times in the last couple of weeks after eating and drinking.

I guess what I’m asking is, are these symptoms of him just getting old? He hasn’t lost weight and when open his eyes look clear. It’s just the inactivity, and shaking I was concerned about. I don’t want him to be suffering.

He does seem to still be like this one day, then perky the next! It’s odd. I just want to do all I can for him.

Thank you in advance. I know there’s a lot of really experienced owners on here.
Sazzle is offline   Reply With Quote