View Single Post
Old 10-14-2017, 04:03 AM  
SKB_Hamsters
PM Fluffy for custom title

Default Re: 31 Days of October

Thank You flowerfairy, ChocoMintAnswersSincere, dreamtree1234 and cypher. Sherbet was indeed very thorough with her grooming – I always found it so funny to watch especially when it looked like she was yoga stretches and even sometimes she would get so relaxed that she would start to fall asleep when she was washing herself then once she realised she was asleep she would quickly wake back up and resume her grooming – it was so cute! Sherbet did have such a huge personality and was always so expressive in her expressions – she always managed to put a huge smile on my face!

Flowerfairy – yes I have posted about Honey and Caramel before as well as my past girls on a thread I dedicated to them early this year.

Dreamtree1234 – I to also really like her orange markings around her eyes – I had always wanted a hamster who had patches around their eyes so when I saw Sherbet I knew it was meant to be! I also loved that she had one tiny orange spot midway down her back and then had a series of spots just above her tail.

14th - Sherbet – Playtime!

Out of all my girls, Sherbet loved playtimes the most and she used to demand 2 playtimes a day along with her cuddle/snuggle time on the sofa every evening. And if I missed getting her out for a playtime she always let me know that she wasn’t happy – often by bar chewing or banging her toys against the edge of her cage.

Sherbet had a really big playpen, which was completely safe for her to run around and have fun – in that playpen she even had a cardboard box playarea made up of cardboard boxes and parts of a hamster climbing toys – (bottom left photo).

Sherbet had didn’t have much interest in toys during her playtimes – instead she liked me to sit in her playpen with her where she would spend most her playtime climbing all over me and climbing up to sit on my shoulder – which did become a bit of a game as soon as I put her back onto the floor within a few seconds she was up on my shoulder again. She had so much fun during her playtimes.

Here are a few photos I managed to get of Sherbet during her posing during her playtimes - she was often was running around too fast to get good photos …

During Sherbet’s playtime I would often try to attempt photoshoots which most didn’t work out to well as Sherbet would be to energetic to sit still long enough but with a bribe of some yummy treats Sherbet would be happy to co-operate until she either finished eating her treats or pouch them. This photo was from one of her successful photoshoots of Sherbet enjoying her birthday cake on her 2nd birthday …

Owning Hamsters since Nov 2007
SKB_Hamsters is offline   Reply With Quote